At May Veterinary, we work hard to keep healthy pets healthy and help sick pets get better. We treat our pets like family, so we understand how hard it can be to hear that your pet needs surgery. Rest assured that our experienced and compassionate doctors will keep your pet completely safe while under surgical care. Their health and comfort throughout the entire procedure is our top concern.
We’ll walk you through your pet’s surgery so that you understand what’s involved. Your comfort with the procedure is also important to us, and we strive to make surgery a stress-free experience for you and your pet.
We offer advanced surgical care at May Veterinary using state-of-the-art equipment and modern veterinary techniques. Our services include:
- Soft Tissue. We perform a wide variety of soft tissue surgeries including bladder stone and foreign body removal, eye and ear procedures, gastrointestinal and urogenital surgeries, and chemotherapy.
- Orthopedic. We use orthopedic surgery to treat musculoskeletal issues such as cranial cruciate ligament repair, fracture repair, joint disease, and amputations. If specialized care is needed, we work with a local board certified orthopedic surgeon to make sure your pet gets the best treatment possible.
- CO₂ Laser Surgery. We use CO₂ laser surgery for surgical incisions to provide a greater level of precision. The CO₂ laser beam seals blood vessels as it cuts, which means less bleeding and reduced swelling, inflammation, and pain. Surgery laser also reduces the risk of infection and improves recovery time.
Our team closely follows strict standards and protocols to ensure high-quality surgical care for your pet. Here’s what you can expect from your pet’s surgery:
- Before surgery: a comprehensive pre-operative assessment consisting of a full physical exam and pre-surgical bloodwork to make sure your pet is ready for anesthesia and the surgery itself.
- During surgery: Your pet is closely monitored under anesthesia. We carefully track all vital signs, including blood pressure, heart rate, body temperature, oxygen level, and respiratory rate.
- After surgery: We continue to monitor your pet as they recover and provide you with detailed instructions regarding post-operative care when you take them home.
- Pain management: is an important part of the recovery process. We use an advanced multimodal approach to treat pain and make sure your pet doesn’t feel any discomfort.